Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Bean Bucket

I've often described myself as having a "bean bucket" internally that I place things and cope, much like the game Don't Spill The Beans. I don't tend to blow up much and can roll with the punches pretty well. But......everything that happens to me or that I "take" from someone goes into the respective bucket. My gut seems to be filled with buckets and everyone has their own. The problem is that once a bucket is full.....I'm done.....stick a fork in me...DONE. Some things that are done to me are lima beans and some are small peas, and it very well may be a small pea that finally fills the bucket and tips it over. I say this all because yesterday my bucket tipped over. I'm not going to write the gorry (sp?) details but it's made me think about the "wiring" of ME. I'm prepared to walk away from a location that has been a vital part of my life for almost 6 years now because my bucket is full and there's really nothing I can make myself do about it. Of course, it will all appear as if I got "mad" about one small incident but I can't worry about that. I don't know that this place will ever be a "safe" place for me emotionally again so I need to walk away. I have a committment to teach a class next week and I will honor that. The tough part is that Preston has 8 more weeks, once a week, to be there for a program that I believe is very beneficial to him. If need be, I will suck it up for those additional 8 Tuesday nights in order for him to complete this program but I will try to get Dana to take him, as this is still a "safe" place for both of them.

3 comments:

charis said...

It is good to hear from you again, Tonya. I am sorry to hear of your predicament and pray for you and your family as you try to do the right thing. I know this must be very hard for you but by "speaking" it and letting others share the burden the sting will be lessened as you see there are so many who love you and want to be there for you. Count me as one! Love,charis

Shana said...

Tonya,

Glad to see you have a blog going now! I love that profile picture. Sorry I couldn't make the craft fair. I will see you soon, though and get you those books (I haven't forgotten). :)

Sorry that you are having a tough time there. I commend you for being able to go and teach that class with those feelings. The Lord will be with you, though. Your strength truly astounds me.

~Shana

galintn said...

The picture was taken in my garden. We started it when our dear friend Don passed away and the garden has grown by leaps and bounds since. We try to find items that are personality specific to people that we lose and put those items in our garden.